Sunday, January 25, 2009

Riders on the Storm






I am so,so,so ready for my bugger to be turned loose on the world. I was planning to have her this week and to embrace the medical technology we have today that allows us to schedule these things. However, I met with some extreme visceral reactions from people I love and am going to delay the plans for now. I am hoping Elysie will come out on her own and I am helping her by drinking raspberry leaf tea, eating rhubarb, eggplant, walking, squatting and engaging in nookie as often as possible!!

I am on a freakish nesting extravaganza--rearranging cabinets, obesessively working in the nursery, washing everything we own, making daily trips to Hobby Lobby, Goodwill and Target and stock piling supplies. It's seriously like I am on some sort of crack binge. I am in love with the nursery--mom and the family are coming over today to finish up and then I will have pics.

In the mean time, here are some pics that Jason took of me this weekend. I have finally begun to reach the "freakshow" big phase. It seems like this week, Elyse has been on a super growth spurt! My bellybutton has almost popped out. So weird!

2 comments:

Jennie ~ said...

Those are such GREAT pic's!!! LOVE the sidewalk chalk idea!! You look fabulous as well; pregnancy suits you and you're doing the proverbial "glowing" thing. Have loved keeping up with Ely's develpment through the blog. I SO wish I would've started one when I was prego. It will be so neat for her to read one day :)
On another note, you'd best have that bugger by next weekend when I'm coming in. If I miss her by only a few days, I'm gonna be MAD!!!

txcorkdork said...

Thank you! I am really excited to be a mom to Ely. You have been an awesome role model of how to be an incredible and cool mom. I hope I can emulate your style for Elyse. : )