Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thoughts on being ill during pregnancy

I have either a cold or hard core allergies that began to bug me on Friday and have gotten progressively worse since. It is so frustrating to try to figure out what one can and cannot take during pregnancy. My doctor has a general list, but it does not address the allergy medicine I normally take. Plus, every drug has different formulas: allergy relief, time release,maximum strength, non-drowsy, etc. Are those OK? Or is the approval limited to the original formula only? I called my pharmacist too, who said ask your OB/Gyn. I have left 2 messages for my OB/Gyn who is probably thinking--just look at the list I provided, you dumbass.

I realize that it is my own peeps (the lawyers) who have caused doctors/pharmacists to avoid wanting to say certain drugs are OK during pregnancy b.c when babies are born with three arms and organs protruding from their skin, then the patients sue the snot out of the docs. SO FRUSTRATING. And all the while I feel like shit and the skin around my nose is rubbed raw, not to mention that I am having round ligament pain and my nips feel like two fire balls. WOOOOOOEEEEEE is me. 4.5 more months...

No comments: