Sunday, September 21, 2008

9 days and counting

So, Hurricane Ike blew in 9 days ago, scared the living crap out of us and knocked our power out. We stayed at Sanford for 8 days until it started getting really hot out. Yesterday, we checked in to the Four Seasons downtown for a much needed break from our post hurricane existence. Lessons learned: 1. We will never "ride out" a hurricane again. It is F-ing scary, 2. We are installing a natural gas generator at the new house. Hand washing dishes + Deanna= very bad juju. 3. Being pregnant during a natural disaster is not recommended. One can't even have a "l'il" (read: bottle) of wine to soothe one's frazzled nerves.

While the Four Seasons RAWKS, I miss my kitties and have lost it on my sleep schedule. Elyse has been a little hella mover and I think she is ready for a return to a normal schedule. Tomorrow is her "anatomy scan" when we will verify that she is developing normally. I am hoping she escaped harm from all the bloody carbon monoxide fumes I breathed in whilst refilling our generator with fuel...

No comments: