Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Applejack's 1st Act of Defiance

As I predicted, our child refused to cooperate with the ultrasound today. Applejack chose to stay sitting indian style throughout the ultrasound, despite Dr. Nanda's efforts to jiggle him/her into compliance. Jason said that this indicates that the child is just like its mother. Jennie noted that this was Applejack asserting his/her defiance. Linda said this proves the child is a real bastard. Dr. Nanda suspects it is a girl, but is not standing by that call. She said she would give the kid a 60% chance of being a girl. Considering that any gypsy off the street could look at me and guess that the kid is a girl and have a 50% chance of being right, we are not giving this opinion any serious consideration either. Now I have to wait until my anatomy scan on September 22 for a chance to find out the gender. That seems like an eternity!! I already called 2 private ultrasound places to see if they would take mercy on me and let me come in for a gender determination, but they won't do it until the anatomy scan has been performed by my doctor. At the very least, the baby is healthy and bouncy and has a great heartbeat. Jason and I were very happy to know that!!

No comments: