Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dear Wine,

With the holiday season (a time I have lovingly coined "the drinking season") approaching, I am feeling a little reminiscent of all the drinking seasons I have spent of yore, enjoying the libations of the holidays. Homemade eggnogg (Martha Stewart's recipe--the most vile, heart clogging richness ever), wine, champagne, port, Glugg, meade,spiced rum, more wine...all the classics live on in my memory. In order to express my feelings, I would like to share this cathartic letter. Enjoy.



Dear Wine,

Around this time of year, I am always preparing for us to have a great time together. As you may have noticed, from the plummeting sales numbers at Spec's for the past 7 months, I am pregnant. This means that for the first time in many drinking seasons--we will be apart. I will miss you dearly. Just know that I have not forgotten you. I look forward to our reunion in the delivery room on February 6th. I have the Piper Heidsieck chilling...

Love,

Deanna

No comments: