Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thoughts on Prego FOOD


I just wanted to note (for prosperity) that the two food aversions I have had so far are: onions and broccoli. I usually love both and am quite sad to report that I hate them now and push them to the side of my plate when they are mixed in with my food. We shall see if they come back into my good graces after Ely is born.

This week I have two big doctor's appointments--I have a gestational diabetes test on Thursday. I am kinda nervous about that one because one food group that I have ZERO aversion to is the candy/sugar food group. In fact, I tried to convince my sister that is was perfectly acceptable just to have Amy's Ice Cream for dinner tonight. She said NO and made me eat some real food first. (Ely thanks you for that one, Lisa). Plus, diabetes runs rampant on my mom's side of the family. On Friday I have a big ultrasound at the hospital. This is part of my "serial ultrasound" routine that is required as a result of my thyroid issue. I read in my Pregnancy Week by Week book that only 2% of knocked up chicks have thyroid issues. Sigh...I get very nervous before the ultrasounds b/c I fear Ely will not be moving or there will be something else wrong. I MUST chill out with these negative thoughts! The kid is moving and kicking all of the time--this has to be a good sign! More pics to come from Friday's ultrasound. Unless something goes horribly wrong. JUST KIDDING!! Hahahahtralalala!!!

No comments: