Monday, October 13, 2008

Cleopatra--Queen of De-Nile...

Oh, hell. It has happened. I have been dreading this day. I secretly knew it would come, but I had MORE secretly hoped my luck had changed and maybe, just MAYBE I would be spared. I have spotted the arrival of my first STRETCH MARK. Oh gawd, what a horrible word (Or two words--whatever). I noticed a red spot on my stomach a week or two ago. I thought maybe I had pinched my expanding belly or possibly burned my skin somehow? I am a huge clutz, so unexplained injuries are commonplace in my world. But it stayed there. And then, it started getting longer. On Friday, I took the time to study the line carefully. There was no denying that it is a stretch mark. I have had stretch marks since I was a kid. My dad has them too. I knew I was gentically pre-disposed to them, but I had hoped my careful maintenance routine of Tummy Honey Butter and Mother's Special Blend would get me through. Sigh...no such luck. I remember when I was a kid, I convinced myself for a very long time, that I had just scraped the sides of my thighs, like, 100 times on each side and I just forgot about it. At least my little mind has remained consistent.

All is well with Elyse! We hosted a big Hurricane Ike Survivors party this weekend! It was SO much fun! I stayed up until 3:30am hanging with my buds. I am shocked that I can have so much fun whilst knocked up and sober--who knew??

Elyse has taken to doing little dances on my bladder. It makes me have to process a fresh batch of pee every 5 minutes or so. Not a lot of fun, but at least I know my girl is having fun in there!!

No comments: