Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hyper? or Hypo? It's a Boy--MAYBE!!

So much news to report! I have officially been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. I have had seven, yes SEVEN blood tests that show my TSH levels are very low. My OB sent me to an endocrinologist who confirmed the issue. Hyerthyroidism means my thyroid glad is putting out too much thyroid hormone. One of the symptoms of this disorder is INSOMNIA!! I am a lifelong insomniac!! Mystery solved! I will be going for more blood tests every 3 weeks for the rest of the pregnancy. There is no risk to the baby right now. Phew!

In other news, I discovered an at home gender diagnostic test called Intelligender. You basically inject some of your pee into a cup with some sort of chemical in it and voila!! your baby's gender is predicted. The test is 90% accurate in labs and 82%accurate in the real world. SOOOOOO...unless I am in the 18% with bad results, we are having a boy!

I am officially in the second trimester now. The nausea has begun to subside and I am beginning to resemble a normal person again. Sweet relief!! I will post pictures later--we got some awesome shots of the baby's profile during the nuchal fold test.

1 comment:

RealtorShelly said...

If it is a little boy, he is going to be very lucky to have lots of little ladies to choose from! I've had a feeling you might be having a boy! This is going to be so exciting!